Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Interesting Stuff...

So, guys, I might be a descendent of some japanese people.  That is interesting.  I was on this website, http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/35855.htm, when I happened to read the culture, language, and history sections.  It is pretty interesting.  Anyways, just thought I should post about my intriguing find.  Toodles~!
*30 seconds later (meaning I came back 30 seconds later after reading some more)* [Updated]
I'm back with more news!  So, right now I could have had a japanese name just like my pen name.  Apparently Taiwan was settled by the Dutch before the chinese started moving in and then some Spanish people came, but the Dutch chased them away.  After that people from the mainland (China) started coming over and they defeated the Dutch.  Then I guess the Japanese started moving in and the "Japanization" of the Taiwan happened.  They were defeated too, but by the Chinese and so Taiwan became a "chinese" country.  What would have happened if the Japanese had won though?  Would I be from Japan and not Taiwan?  That is kinda horrible and cool at the same time.  My Great Great Great Great Great Great ancestors could be Japanese and my grandparents and my great grandparents can probably speak japanese....  This is what happens when I do a brochure on Taiwan.  Hahah.

- Mikoto Takumi

P.S. (This morning my stomach was hurting like crap and I felt like I was gonna throw up everytime the car jerked forward or to a stop on the way to school.  I couldn't even do my work in 1st period.  I really wanted to put my head down, but Coach Enis, I'm kinda scared of what he would say if I did.  So I basically did nothing, just staring at my screen pretending to do something while I tried not to throw up on his floor.  Then in second period I put my head down on my desk until the bell rang.  It felt so good and cold.  Then.....I burped.....silently.  Magically my stomach felt better just as I was about to present our Mythology project...wonderful...you annoy the crap out of me, stupid stomach.)

P.P.S. (That was a long "P.S."....just saying)

*Updated* P.P.P.S. (I just figured out that my "P.S." has nothing to do with this post, but oh well...)

2 comments:

Shockness said...

I really really like the word Japanization. :) And I love the part where you burped....silently. Hahaha. I love you, and I'm glad you're feeling better!!

Lizz said...

Hahaha I love you and your random findings (:
Oh, and thanks for putting "Czechoslovakia" on that poll for me- at least somebody recognizes my heritage! :)